QLD Leadership Brisbane Intensive & Masterclasses
Change is possible
Social Leadership Australia's new Queensland Leadership Intensive and masterclasses in Brisbane will bring sustained, world-class leadership development within your reach in 2013. Designed to foster new connections; generate new ideas and ways of working to address real-world challenges; and develop your skills in key leadership areas, this is a great opportunity to connect with a growing network of like-minded leaders and develop your capability to make a lasting positive impact in your work.
Complex problems—A new approach
Today's complex problems call for a new approach to leadership. 'Wicked' problems—the ones with multiple stakeholders and no obvious solution—require real leadership to solve. Real leadership starts with the understanding that businesses, government and not-for-profits all need to be part of the solution. It connects us with our deepest sense of purpose and a belief that it is possible to make the world a better place. But if we are to be successful in creating the change we want to see in the world, then we also need a highly developed leadership skill-set.
What the program includes
- Personal leadership skills: develop your effectiveness as a leader; learn to work politically; how to use formal and informal authority; working with people with different viewpoints and using conflict to generate breakthroughs.
- Learn the Harvard Adaptive Leadership model: diagnose the causes of complex problems and identify areas for potential intervention and experimentation to create new pathways to change.
- Build local networks: connect with leaders from other sectors an areas and be a part of an enduring legacy of local leaders with a shared desire and ability to effect real change.
Our new masterclasses are designed to deepen your skills in key aspects of leadership. Working intensively with a group on your individual leadership challenge, they will provide unique opportunities to practise exercising leadership, with a focus on the core leadership skill areas:
- Innovation, Conflict & Growth and
- Thinking and Working Politically
Graduates of the Intensive will become 'Social Leadership Australia Alumni' and be entitled to a discount on all masterclasses.
Cost & Applications
The cost of the Queensland Leadership Brisbane Intensive is $3,520 ($3,200 +GST).
Queensland Leadership Intensive participants become SLA Alumni and eligible for discounts at SLA events and masterclasses. They will also be invited to participate in Alumni-only events, including our new (free) Community of Practice workshops commencing in 2013.
To apply, download, complete and return the Queensland Leadership Brisbane Intensive application form below.
Upcoming dates TBC
To receive updates about all our programs and events (including application closing dates), please sign up for the SLA e-news.
Contact our Programs Coordinator, Jo Singleton t 07 3170 4618 or e firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.