We are a not-for-profit social enterprise with the purpose to create better leadership for a better Australia. As a catalyst for positive change in society we provide life transforming opportunities for personal and professional growth that inspire and connect exceptional individuals and organisations who share our passion for creating a better world. Our experience, our approach, our impact and our values are what make us unique.
We have established a reputation as a pioneer in leadership for social change. For 17 years we have designed and delivered programs that change the way people think and work together to make real progress on our most complex challenges across all sectors and issues of Australian society. Each year, more than 500 leaders across Australia work with us in a variety of ways:
• Customised consulting for Top 100 companies, government departments and not-for-profit organisations to help them manage complex change and make a positive social contribution. We support teams to work together to tackle stuck challenges and embed cultural change with purpose and social impact at its core for a sustainable future.
• Building internal Leadership capacity for diverse organisations from across the corporate, government and not-for-profit sectors, connecting them with their deeper purpose, and unlocking new energy and insights to deliver strategic objectives.
• Issue based consulting such as our Headland project for emerging Indigenous leaders - we support organisations and communities to thrive by enabling new ways of working collectively in complexity and across diverse interests, perspectives and values to bring about positive change on their specific issue and create a better future.
We foster critical thinking, innovation and collaborative partnerships across the business, government and the not-for-profit sectors. Unique in Australia, our world-class programs combine the Harvard-based Adaptive Leadership model with robust community engagement to bring people beyond theory and away from the comfort of classroom settings to open their eyes to the complexity of human systems and social reality, offering a deep, transformative learning experience.
Evaluations, feedback and testimonials consistently demonstrate that what we do contributes to genuine, real-life change. We have a long track record of success and we are constantly inspired by the capability and vision of our alumni and the individuals and organisations we work with.
Our work is guided by a commitment to building caring and inclusive communities. We are proud to be part of The Benevolent Society, a non-religious, non-profit organisation dedicated to helping people change their lives and the creation of a compassionate and just society where everyone thrives.
Find out more
- To have a conversation about any of our programs or customised consulting please contact Julie Ahern Acting Director SLA on 02 8262 3585.
- To learn about opportunities to invest in Australia's outstanding leadership potential for social change please contact Julie Ahern Acting Director SLA on 02 8262 3585.